In 1970, Trumboo Group began operations
in the valley with a small team. Led by Abdul Ahad Trumboo,
it now employs close to 1200 people
After a massive success in the flour industry, Trumboo Group expanded their business across the valley and there was an absolute merit in doing that. Special focus on the cement section to start with, expanding into new and emerging areas like horticulture, textile and tourism.
In five decades Trumboo Group has been going up on the ladder of success and achieving new heights in every platform thus giving opportunity for the youth in the valley to explore their best skills.
- Trumboo Group launched its first flour mill in early 1970’s and received an overwhelming response from the people of the valley.
- By late 80’s, Group had already set up 3 successful Flour mills across the Valley and expanded into horticulture.
- The group started its textile trading business connecting major textile hubs of India like Mumbai, Surat and Amritsar to the valley.
- The year 1998 was considered to be a landmark year for the Trumboo Group with setting up of a cement manufacturing project with installed capacity of 600 TPD under the brand name TCI.
- Another key venture undertaken by the group was setting up the all-new rotary cement plant under the brand name TCI MAX bringing the latest German technology from Thyssen Krupp Polysius AG.
- By the start of 2010 Trumboo Group had already set-up two major cement plants in the valley and started exploring opportunities in hospitality sector.
- The group aggressively enters into hospitality sector by planning to set-up luxurious hotels and resorts at Srinagar, Sonmarg, Pahalgam and Gulmarg.
- Development of two hotels at Srinagar begins early in the year and continuing the aggressive approach, work starts at Sonmarg project later in the year.
- The year 2016 further brings out the entrepreneurial nature of the group as it plans to further diversify into Renewable energy and Dairy Farming & Processing.
Team of Directors
The group is privately owned and professionally managed by a team of directors,whose enormous knowledge and skills provide inimitable understandings into the needs of our several businesses that are spread across the valley.